Len represents clients with varied interests in the energy and environmental fields. Len was directly involved in the deregulation of the energy markets in New York State including the formation of the New York Independent System Operator. Len has been the lead attorney responsible for permitting a number of natural gas and electric transmission lines under Article VII of the Public Service Law, as well as electric generating facilities.
- New York State Courts
- Missouri State Courts (inactive)
- United States District Court for the Northern District of New York
- United States Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- United States District Court for the Western District of Missouri (inactive)
- Lead attorney in environmental permitting proceedings before the New York State Board on Generation Siting and the Environment, the New York State Public Service Commission, the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, the United States Environmental Protection Agency, New York State Department of Environmental Conservation, United States Army Corps of Engineers and the Federal Aviation Administration.
- Obtained permits for electric generation facilities and transmission lines under the New York Public Service Law and the State Environmental Quality Review Act.
- Negotiated power purchase and sales agreements, tolling or energy conversion agreements, interconnection agreements, easements and other related documents.
- Guided clients through the New York Independent System Operator interconnection process and assured their compliance with various NYISO rules and programs.
- Procurement of approvals from the United States Army Corps of Engineers.
- Drafting and execution of public and private easements.
- Assisting clients with exercise of eminent domain.
- Drafting and execution of construction and operational agreements.
- Negotiating approvals and agreements with the NYISO.
- New York State Bar Association