- University of Houston, BBA, 2016, cum laude
- Elisabeth Haub School of Law at Pace University, J.D., 2019, cum laude, Advanced Certificate in Environmental Law
Melanie assists clients with matters before federal and state regulatory agencies and has experience dealing with a range of issues related to matters involving utilities and electric system operators. This work includes administrative proceedings involving energy rates and regulatory policies, and advising on key energy policies intended to promote renewable energy, energy efficiency programs, and electric vehicles.
Melanie represents clients before the New York Public Service Commission and the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission.
- New York State Courts
- New Jersey State Courts
- Representing municipal and large commercial, industrial, and institutional energy consumers in administrative proceedings involving energy rates and regulatory policies.
- Assisting state entity in the review of New York Building Codes.
- Represented clients in federal and state employment discrimination and disciplinary actions before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Merit Systems Protection Board, and the New York State Division of Human Rights.
- Represented clients in various civil litigation and criminal defense matters in state and local courts.
- Served as the Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Joan Bedrin Murray, J.T.C., New Jersey Tax Court.
- New York State Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association