Renewable Energy Transactions
At the front lines representing companies that are driving the transition to a clean energy future
SELECT AN RENEWABLE ENERGY PRACTICE AREA
Real Estate/Site Control
Couch White’s Renewable Energy Transactions Group consists of a cross-disciplinary team specializing in energy regulatory, siting, permitting, and real estate that assists clients with a wide variety of renewable energy transactions. Couch White is regularly at the front lines representing companies that are driving the transition to a clean energy future.
Notable transactions include:
- Development, acquisition, and financing of solar, wind, hydroelectric, fuel cell, energy storage, and renewable natural gas projects, at both distribution- and utility-scale.
- Purchases of renewable energy, in the form of renewable energy credit purchases, onsite installations, virtual power purchase agreements, carbon offset purchases, and community solar subscriptions. Click here for a case study discussing how Couch White was able to assist five large corporate buyers aggregate their renewable energy purchases in a first-of-its-kind virtual PPA aggregation.
- Drafting and negotiation of key project contracts, including site control agreements, EPC agreements, utility interconnection agreements, incentive agreements, project off-take agreements, and decommissioning agreements.
- Assistance with obtaining, defending, diligencing and complying with local, state and federal land use and environmental permitting obligations, as well as investigation of potential contamination, Phase I ESAs, and related issues for all forms of energy projects
- Siting of transmission lines for onshore and offshore renewable energy projects (Click here for additional details).