Mike has been practicing energy law for over 30 years. Much of his practice involves assisting businesses and institutions in lowering their energy-related costs in a variety of ways. On behalf of clients, Mike engages in: administrative proceedings involving energy rates and regulatory policies; the development of wholesale electricity market rules; certification and related proceedings, including those involving the construction and/or the operation of electric generation and gas distribution facilities and the formation of utilities; customer disputes with energy service providers, including utilities; and energy-related transactions, including the procurement of competitively-priced electricity and natural gas supplies.
Mike is a prominent representative of large energy consumers throughout New York and practices extensively before the New York State Public Service Commission, the New York Independent System Operator, the New York State Reliability Council (which he previously served as Chair), and the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission.
- New York State Courts
- United States District Court for the Northern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Western District of New York
- Representing large industrial, commercial and institutional energy consumers and other clients in a wide variety of matters including, but not limited to:
- Numerous utility rate and merger proceedings.
- Numerous administrative policy proceedings.
- The development and modification of wholesale electricity market rules and tariffs.
- Advising clients on energy infrastructure projects.
- Representing clients in disputes with energy service providers, including utilities.
- Representing clients in certification and related proceedings.
- Negotiating energy commodity and/or services contracts.
- New York State Bar Association