Practice Group Chair
Our attorneys have extensive experience advising on real property tax assessments, PILOT (payment in lieu of taxes) agreements, and condemnation proceedings. We represent taxpayers and municipalities at all stages of the tax assessment review process, including informal negotiation between taxpayers and assessors, administrative proceedings with Boards of Assessment Review, litigation under the Real Property Tax Law, and litigation. Our efforts have resulted in millions of dollars in tax savings for our clients. The Firm’s representative experience includes:
- Substantial tax assessment reductions on several gas and hydro-electric generating facilities.
- Long term assessment reductions for cogeneration facilities.
- Tax assessment reductions for aggregate/asphalt plants.
- Tax assessment reductions on several industrial manufacturing facilities.
- Substantial tax assessment reductions on several apartment complexes, commercial office buildings, and other commercial properties.
- Successfully represented utilities in the procurement of necessary easements through condemnation proceedings.