Practice Group Chair
Our attorneys assist clients in developing creative and effective ways to structure corporate and venture capital investments, buy-outs, and debt and equity financings. We also provide banks and financial institutions experienced and effective counsel in a variety of lending, environmental, trust and bankruptcy matters, including secured and unsecured transactions, loan workouts, asset recovery, mortgage foreclosures and debt collection. This substantial experience includes all phases of commercial and construction lending, from origination to workouts, collections, lien and mortgage foreclosure and bankruptcy resolution. The Firm’s representative experience includes:
- Origination of numerous commercial loans for a number of banks to a variety of borrowers, including construction, manufacturing, health care and real estate entities.
- Representation of commercial lenders in originating formula-based loans with fixed and variable interest rate tranches.
- Negotiation and closing on dozens of workouts, substituting credit-worthy business borrowers for credit-challenged business borrowers.
- Managing litigation of numerous foreclosure actions, including preservation and recovery of tens of millions of dollars of loan value for lenders after borrowers have filed for bankruptcy.
- Representation of creditors on a wide range of complex bankruptcy matters, including the prosecution and defense of adversary proceedings involving allegations of fraudulent conveyances and preferential transfers.
- Prosecution of numerous actions seeking relief from the automatic stay provisions of the Bankruptcy Code, as well as adequate protection of collateral and lien rights for our clients.