False Claims Act Defense
The Firm has significant experience in defending against False Claims Act litigation brought by the Department of Justice and by relators. The Firm specializes in representing defendants facing construction-specific allegations and applies its deep knowledge in this industry to achieving results for its clients.
The Firm’s representative experience includes:
- Defending a variety of False Claim Act (“FCA”) cases arising from the conduct of public construction work, including allegations regarding false certified statements mischarging, overbilling, providing defective or nonconforming products, misrepresenting qualifications, or false statements that are material to payment.
- Applying our deep public procurement and particularized construction industry knowledge to evaluate potential liability and to interact with, educate and effectively negotiate with prosecutors.
- Understanding and planning for the collateral impacts involved in an FCA investigation or matter to properly advise clients on potential suspension or debarment risks.
- Evaluate and prepare company-wide compliance plans either as part of a defense or as a prophylactic measure.
- Represent companies in vendor responsibility inquiries.
- Assist companies in investigating and responding to Civil Investigative Demands and subpoenas.