Joel represents contractors, subcontractors, material-men, owners, sureties and design professionals in all manner of construction-focused contract development, negotiation and administration, as well as mediation, arbitration and litigation of the full spectrum of construction and commercial litigation before state and federal courts and administrative agencies.
- New York State Courts
- Florida State Courts
- District of Columbia
- United States District Court for the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of New York
- United States District Court, District of Vermont
- United States Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- United States Claims Court
- United States Supreme Court
- Representing contractor clients in construction claims and other disputes in litigation and arbitration with many tried to verdict or arbitration award.
- Extensive experience in Lien Law and surety matters.
- Extensive appeals practice in construction matters.
- Counseling government contractors in procurement matters with New York State.
- Assisting clients with public procurement issues, including DBE, MBE and WBE certification, utilization and waivers.
- Defending construction clients in construction-based False Claims Act matters.
- Representing construction clients in review preparation and negotiation of complex construction contract documents.
- Representing clients in construction labor relations matters include organizing, elections, collective bargaining, arbitrations, double-breasted operations, picketing and labor violence.
- Counseling clients with construction industry labor matters before the National Labor Relations Board and federal courts.
- Assisting clients in prevailing wage matters involving the New York State Department of Labor.
- Participating in the Forum ABA Committee on the Construction Industry and Associated General Contractors of America, Labor and Employment Law Council.
- General Counsel for Associated General Contractors of New York State, LLC.
- Albany County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Northern District of New York Federal Bar Association
- ABA Forum Committee on the Construction Industry
- Associated General Contractors of America Labor and Employment Law Council
- Listed in Martindale Hubbell AV preeminent peer review rating
- Named to Best Lawyers in America in the practice area of Commercial Litigation
- Rated by Super Lawyers in the Upstate New York Edition for Construction Litigation