Practice Group Chair
Our commercial real estate practice covers the entire range of our clients’ needs from pre-negotiation/due diligence through closing. We provide counsel to commercial real estate owners and developers, professional service corporations, non-profit and tax exempt entities, municipalities, landlords, tenants and institutional borrowers and lenders. We also serve as general counsel to several regional real estate trade associations. The Firm’s representative experience includes:
- Property/Project acquisition, including letters of intent, contract negotiation and drafting.
- Project siting, environmental & permitting, and all due diligence matters.
- Project financing: conventional, IDA, private investment.
- 1031 Exchanges, and related strategies.
- Sophisticated sale and lease transactions: undeveloped land, commercial properties, and utilities.
- Commercial leasing: office buildings, shopping centers, apartments, etc.
- Real property tax and land use issues, including reduction of tax assessments, and PILOT agreements.
- Title insurance: all aspects of securing marketable title and resolving title issues.