Commercial Real Estate Transactions
Our commercial real estate practice covers the entire range of our clients’ needs from pre-negotiation/due diligence through closing. We provide counsel to commercial real estate owners and developers, professional service corporations, non-profit and tax exempt entities, municipalities, landlords, tenants and institutional borrowers and lenders. We also serve as general counsel to several regional real estate trade associations.
- Property/Project acquisition, including letters of intent, contract negotiation and drafting.
- Project siting, environmental & permitting, and all due diligence matters.
- Project financing: conventional, IDA, private investment.
- 1031 Exchanges, and related strategies.
- Sophisticated sale and lease transactions: undeveloped land, commercial properties, and utilities.
- Commercial leasing: office buildings, shopping centers, apartments, etc.
- Real property tax and land use issues, including reduction of tax assessments, and PILOT agreements.
- Title insurance: all aspects of securing marketable title and resolving title issues.