Each new client and project brings new challenges and opportunities. That is why we are constantly looking for experienced, motivated and talented people to join our team. Career opportunities at Couch White range from attorneys at all skill levels to paralegals and administrative assistants. Additionally, each year Couch White participates with area law school career development offices in recruiting summer associates. For second year law students interested in our summer associate program please contact your law school’s career development office.
If you are interested in a position with our law firm or your law school does not participate in our summer associate program you may submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample and salary requirements to:
Lindsay T. Perkins
Couch White, LLP
P.O. Box 22222
Albany, New York 12201
You may also submit your inquiry via email.
Couch White seeks a highly motivated legal secretary with 3 or more years’ experience to join our litigation team. The candidate will provide support to two or more attorneys in our litigation practice and will be asked to perform a variety of administrative, secretarial and clerical duties.
The position largely requires the ability to work independently on multiple tasks under set deadlines; however this candidate must also be able to work collaboratively with other staff and attorneys throughout the office. The candidate must have a working knowledge of the state and federal court system and associated procedures and time lines. Attention to detail, excellent organization skills and accuracy required. Proficiency with all MS Office required, experience with legal time/billing software preferred.
- Maintain electronic and physical client files
- Review and manage attorney calendars
- Format and proof reading documents, as well as final preparation of documents for filing (e.g. tables of contents and tables of authorities) and service
- Electronically file pleadings in both state and federal courts
- Manage all stages of the discovery process
- Review mail, schedule/coordinate a variety of appointments and client meetings, and accurately calendar same
We offer full benefit package, including Health/Dental/Vision insurance, 401k, parking, paid time off including holidays, etc.