Donald J. Hillmann
SUNY Plattsburgh, B.A., 2002; Albany Law School of Union University, J.D., 2007, magna cum laude, Executive Editor, Albany Law Journal of Science & Technology
Don represents clients in all stages of litigation in federal and state courts. He is also experienced in preparing and negotiating business contracts, financing agreements, and business entities. He has represented clients in disputes concerning construction contract matters, deed restrictions, easements, and zoning matters. He also represents clients in matters before federal and state regulatory agencies, including the Department of Labor, OSHA, and the Workers’ Compensation Board.
- New York State Courts
- Connecticut State Courts
- United States District Court for the Northern, Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- Representing contractors, subcontractors, owners and developers, and design professionals in all aspects of their business, including contract formation and dispute resolution, delay claims, construction defect claims, surety/bonding matters, insurance matters, mechanics’ liens and foreclosures, and vendor disputes.
- Litigating commercial claims, complex multi-party disputes, claims under the Uniform Commercial Code, labor law defense, tort actions, and matters concerning the use of real property.
- Assisting clients in matters pertaining to prevailing wages, competitive bidding, and labor agreements.
- Achieving real property tax reductions for clients in tax certiorari proceedings.
- Negotiating and drafting complex commercial contracts, sales and purchases, loan agreements, construction contracts, leases, real property agreements, vendor purchase/sale contracts, easements and licenses, and other transactional agreements.
- Preparing non-compete/non-solicitation contracts, confidentiality agreements, and non-disparagement contracts.
- Representing clients in Surrogates Court litigation.
- Served as a sergeant in the United States Marine Corps.
- Albany County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- American Bar Association