University of Scranton, B.S., 1977, magna cum laude; Temple University, Beasley School of Law, J.D., 1981, cum laude
Bob has specialized in Energy Law for more than 30 years. He regularly appears on behalf of clients before the State of New York Public Service Commission, the New York Independent System Operator, and the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission. He is well-versed with respect to deregulated energy markets and represents clients in administrative proceedings addressing energy rates and policies, and advises them on energy transactions, renewable power development, tariff interpretation, energy contract claims, and utility billing disputes.
Bob speaks regularly as an expert on energy-related issues at national and New York State conferences. His clients include The City of New York, numerous large commercial and industrial energy consumers located in New York City and throughout the State, and combined heat and power and renewable developers.
- New York State Courts
- United States District Court, Northern District of New York
- Representing clients in contract negotiations involving energy issues, including electricity and natural gas procurement, interconnection of energy infrastructure, and operating and maintenance issues.
- Advising clients regarding the procurement and siting of renewable energy, on-site generation and energy conservation projects.
- Representing numerous clients in regulatory proceedings, including utility or energy service company rate cases and customer complaints and petitions seeking administrative relief from utility or energy service company actions or negligence.
- Representing clients purchasing or selling energy products, including renewable energy credits and other green attributes, or participating in financial price hedging instruments.
- Albany County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association