Harold D. (Chip) Gordon
Amherst College, B.A., 1972, magna cum laude; Cornell Law School, J.D., 1975, magna cum laude, law review editor
Chip handles commercial and business matters for closely-held companies of all sizes, including development and construction contracts, business formations, financing, sales and purchases, and commercial leases. Chip has a great depth of experience in both the transactional and litigation sides of the law. Chip has lectured extensively to practicing attorneys and construction industry associations. Over the years he has given service to a number of not-for-profit concerns, as well.
- New York State Courts
- United States District Court for the Northern and Western Districts of New York
- Representation of business owners, commercial developers, contractors, subcontractors, and design professionals in a wide array of matters, business matters, including:
- Buy/sell and operating agreements
- Construction and development agreements
- Commercial loan transactions
- Commercial leases
- Contract disputes, and administrative agency issues
- Serving as general outside counsel to a number of development and construction companies and other businesses.
- Handling many labor and other administrative and regulatory matters, including prevailing wage issues.
- Advising owners and officers in a broad spectrum of legal needs.
- Tried dozens of jury and non-jury cases, and handled numerous mediations and arbitrations throughout the region.
- Albany County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Title agent, Chicago Title Insurance Company
- St. Peter’s Health Partners (Board Chair)
- Selected to American Board of Trial Advocates
- Served with the American Inns of Court
- Town Justice, Town of Niskayuna (16 years)