Joel M. Howard, III
St. Lawrence University, A.B., 1968; Albany Law School of Union University, J.D., 1971
Joel represents contractors, subcontractors, material-men, owners, sureties and design professionals in all manner of construction-focused contract development, negotiation and administration, as well as mediation, arbitration and litigation of the full spectrum of construction and commercial litigation before state and federal courts and administrative agencies.
- New York State Courts
- Florida State Courts
- District of Columbia
- United States District Court for the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of New York
- United States District Court, District of Vermont
- United States Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- United States Claims Court
- United States Supreme Court
- Representing contractor clients in construction claims in litigation and arbitration with many tried to verdict or arbitration award.
- Extensive appeals practice in construction matters.
- Counseling government contractors in procurement matters with New York State.
- Assisting clients with public procurement issues, including DBE, MBE and WBE certification, utilization and waivers.
- Defending construction clients in construction-based False Claims Act matters.
- Representing clients in construction labor relations matters include organizing, elections, collective bargaining, arbitrations, double-breasted operations, picketing and labor violence.
- Counseling clients with labor matters before the National Labor Relations Board and federal courts.
- Assisting clients in prevailing wage matters involving the New York State Department of Labor.
- Listed in New York Super Lawyers Upstate Edition for Construction Litigation
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America.
- Listed in Martindale Hubbell AV preeminent peer review rating.
- Participating in the Forum ABA Committee on the Construction Industry and Associated General Contractors of America, Labor and Employment Law Council.
- General Counsel for Associated General Contractors of New York State, LLC.
- Albany County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Named to Best Lawyers in America in the practice area of Commercial Litigation