Practice Group Chairs
Couch White’s expertise over the years in representing closely-held and family-based businesses has allowed our attorneys to work on numerous business and succession planning matters. We provide representation to individuals and business owners in all aspects of estate plans, business succession plans, and estate administration. Our attorneys offer valuable insight into the latest techniques for estate tax reduction strategies, and have substantial experience drafting, funding and managing all types of trusts. The Firm’s representative experience includes:
- Planned and implemented numerous business succession plans, enabling owners to avoid draining conflicts, and preserve family harmony for future generations.
- Prepared business succession plans involving out-of-state and offshore entities.
- Substantial experience and particular focus on estate tax reduction and estate planning for individuals with $20 to $40 million net worth.
- Estate tax freezes.
- Revocable inter vivos trusts; irrevocable life insurance trusts; grantor retained annuity trusts; qualified personal residence trusts; testamentary trusts; qualified terminable interest property trusts.
- Asset protection strategies.
- Estate administration services, probate, will contests, estate tax returns, guardianship, and trust management.
- Health care proxies, living wills, and powers of attorney.