Non-Profit Formation & Governance
The Firm represents various not-for-profit, charitable and tax-exempt entities, trade associations and business groups in all aspects of corporate formation, contract matters, governance and compliance, and tax exemption.
The Firm’s representative experience includes:
- The formation of not-for-profit, charitable and other tax-exempt entities.
- Implementation of merger and consolidation of not-for-profit, charitable and tax-exempt entities.
- Restructuring of not-for-profit organizations, including governance modifications and modernization of governance processes and procedures.
- Modification of not-for-profit organizational and corporate documentation pursuant to the New York Nonprofit Revitalization Act.
- Management of all aspects of corporate and real estate transactions for not-for-profit and tax-exempt entities, including contract matters, real estate matters and strategic arrangements.
- Management of tax exemption, finance and Internal Revenue Service compliance.