Burke & Casserly, P.C., is a boutique estate planning and elder law firm serving the Albany, New York and greater Capital Region since 1988. The firm’s attorneys and staff help individuals, families, and businesses successfully plan for and achieve their estate, financial, and long-term care planning goals by providing the highest quality, timely and cost-efficient legal counsel.
Tailoring Customized Solutions to a Client’s Unique Circumstances
Any estate plan should first and foremost be personal to the individuals and families involved. Whether a client is seeking to preserve assets, avoid probate, reduce exposure to taxes, or ensure the seamless transition of wealth to the next generation, the team at Burke & Casserly will work with a client to develop and implement tailored planning strategies, along with the necessary documents needed to achieve the client’s unique goals. With a customized estate plan in place, the client and family can enjoy peace of mind in knowing that all affairs are in order, finances secured, the chosen individuals ready to assist with the proper legal authority at the appropriate time, and ultimately, a legacy positioned to pass as desired.
Burke & Casserly provides comprehensive legal services in the following areas of law and planning:
- Estate Planning
- Last Will and Testaments
- Trusts and Trust Administration (Revocable & Irrevocable Trusts)
- Powers of Attorney
- Advance Directives – Living Will & Health Care Proxy
- Estate Administration and Probate matters
- Special Needs Planning, including drafting and administration of Supplemental Needs Trusts
- Long-Term Care Planning, including housing and personal care options
- Asset Preservation/Protection strategies
- Crisis Planning, when a loved one has done no planning and is hospitalized or in rehabilitation
- Medicaid eligibility and applications
- Nursing home placement and admission guidance
- Long-Term Care Insurance information and assistance
- Financial, Investment & Retirement Planning
- Corporate and Business Succession Planning
To learn more about the firm, visit www.burkecasserly.com.