Katherine L. Hart
State University of New York at Geneseo, B.A., 2011, summa cum laude; Boston College Law School, J.D., 2014
Katherine advises clients in all areas of trusts and estates law, and provides counsel for corporate clients on business formation, governance, and succession planning services. Her trusts and estates practice focuses on creating estate plans that are custom tailored to each client’s personal and financial needs using wills, revocable and irrevocable trusts, powers of attorney, and healthcare proxies. Each estate plan is designed to protect assets, mitigate tax liability, and provide families with a plan, for both the present as well as upon death, that takes into account each family’s structure and individuality. Katherine also represents executors in the probate and administration of estates, as well as trustees in their duties managing and distributing trust assets. Katherine brings her experience working in the firm’s corporate group to her succession planning practice where she counsels clients regarding the transfer of the family business to relatives or key employees. Katherine prepares corporate documents and buy-sell agreements required to achieve such transfer alongside the client’s personal estate planning, ensuring that both plans work in harmony together to meet all of the client’s objectives.
- New York State Courts
- Massachusetts State Courts
- United States District Court for the Northern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Western District of New York
- Katherine was actively involved as a board member of the Boston College Law School Women’s Law Center.
- Katherine was winner of Top Ten Brief in the Wendell F. Grimes Moot Court Competition.
- At SUNY Geneseo, Katherine was a member of the Edgar Fellows Honors Program and the recipient of the Patricia Conrad Lindsay Memorial Award, the Geneseo Foundation Student Research Assistantship Grant, the Ellis Greenfield Memorial Scholarship, the Christine de Pizan Award and the Hans Gottschalk Award.
- She is a member of Phi Beta Kappa and the Order of Omega.
- New York State Bar Association
- American Bar Association