John R. Vero
Union College, B.A., 1997, cum laude; Albany Law School of Union University, J.D., 2000, cum laude
John furnishes legal services to new, emerging and established businesses, commercial entities, not-for-profit and tax exempt organizations, religious organizations, healthcare organizations, municipal entities, professional service entities, trade associations and groups, civic groups, business organizations and individuals in the formation, merger, restructuring, sale, acquisition, capitalization, management, operation and financing of real and personal property, including contractual, licensing, reporting and compliance matters. He has experience with New York’s strategic sourcing procurement method and other public procurement programs.
- New York State Courts
- Massachusetts State Courts
- United States District Court for the Northern District of New York
- Originating commercial loan facilities for banks, lenders and other financial institutions to a multitude of borrowers, including construction, manufacturing, industrial, health care and real estate entities.
- Representing banks, lenders and other institutions in originating refinance facilities.
- Negotiating and closing loan workouts, including actions to preserve and recover assets.
- Representing borrowers in loan transactions.
- Counseling clients in all aspects of mergers and acquisitions, in varying amounts, for purchasers and sellers and for public, private, not-for-profit, manufacturing, industrial, health care, and construction entities.
- Identifying the client’s goals, negotiating agreements that accomplish the client’s goals and bringing merger and acquisition transactions to a successful, efficient, cost effective and timely conclusion.
- Designing and implementation of successful structures and strategies for maintenance and control of business entities, including majority and minority shareholders and equity holders, and maintenance of closely-held business entities.
- Representing majority and minority shareholders and equity holders in dissolution proceedings and related matters.
- Serving in capacity of “general in-house counsel” role to business entities, including government and regulatory reporting and compliance, for businesses who do not have “in-house counsel.”
- Representing not-for-profit, tax exempt entities and trade associations and groups in all aspects of formation, reporting and compliance.
- Serving as lead counsel in real estate transactions including acquisitions, sales, exchanges, finance, project siting and permitting.
- Representing purchasers and sellers in all aspects of private, public, IDA associated and foreclosure transactions.
- Former co-author and co-contributor to the Albany Times Union’s Workbytes column series.
- Former contributor to the local PBS affiliate business show “The Bottom Line with Wally Altes.”
- Founding member of Tech Valley Young Professionals Network (formerly known as GenNEXT), the council dedicated to promoting the Capital Region’s economic vitality.
- Served on the Advisory Board of The Stakeholders Inc., a not-for-profit organization formed to promote the sustainability of the Capital Region.
- Served on the I Live New York Steering Committee, a statewide organization aiming to attract and retain professionals in New York State.
- Selected to the Business Review’s Forty Under Forty for 2005. The Forty Under Forty program recognizes outstanding members of the business community under the age of forty.
- Justinian Society, Albany Law School of Union University.
- Managing Editor, Albany Law Journal of Science and Technology.
- Albany County Bar Association
- Saratoga County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Former member of the Board of Trustees at Union College
- Past president of the Union College Alumni Council
- Former member of the Board of Trustees at Albany Law School of Union University
- Former Chairman of the Board of Managers of the Albany YMCA
- Formerly served on the Board of Directors of the Capital District YMCA
- Director of the Capitalize Albany Corporation
- Serves on the Board of Directors of the Central Avenue Business Improvement District
- Trustee of the Destroyer Escort Historical Museum, Inc. (USS Slater)
- Former Member of the City of Albany Industrial Development Agency
- Former member of the Capital Resource Corporation
- Served as a member of the College of Saint Rose Board of Associates