Desiree S. Murnane
Muhlenberg College, B.A., 2008; Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D., 2012
Desiree advises corporations, employers, owners, general contractors, subcontractors and design professionals in a wide variety of commercial civil matters, and assists clients in all stages of litigation.
Prior to joining the firm, Desiree served as an Assistant District Attorney in the Trial Division of the New York County District Attorney’s Office from September, 2012 until July, 2016.
- New York State Courts
- New Jersey State Courts
- United States District Court for the Northern, Eastern and Southern Districts of New York
- Conducted over thirty trials, including over ten jury trials, and over forty pre-trial hearings.
- Appointed as Major Case A.D.A. in Sex Crimes Unit and Public Assistance Fraud Unit.
- Indicted over eighty felony cases before a grand jury by examining witnesses, presenting evidence, and advising jurors on the law.
- Selected and served as Special Assistant District Attorney in Richmond County, New York for year-long case.
- Drafted and oversaw the execution of hundreds of search warrants for premises, phones, email and social media accounts, and led long-term investigations into fraud, larceny, and narcotics operations, utilizing cooperators and informants.
- Negotiated hundreds of dispositions with opposing counsel.
- Interpreted laws and court decisions for use in the preparation of hundreds of motions, pleadings, and court appearances.
- Drafted and successfully litigated several post-conviction motions.
- Coordinated and led CLE training on The Art of the Dramatic Monologue: A Primer for Prosecutors
- Ms. Murnane received several awards and honors in law school, including: The Center for Social Justice Award for Outstanding Contribution to the Civil Rights and Constitutional Law Clinic; Finalist in Ronald Riccio Moot Court Competition; Awarded Best Oralist at Wechsler Moot Court Competition; Recipient of Andrew B. Crummy Academic Scholarship; Awarded Best Brief in Appellate Advocacy Course
Capital District Women’s Bar Association, Albany County Bar Association, New York State Bar Association