David G. Anderson
University of Akron, B.S., 1973; Central Michigan University, M.A., 1976; University of Tennessee, J.D., 1982, Highest Honors; George Washington University, LLM Government Procurement Law, 1988, Highest Honors
David advises clients on contract problems such as project delays, lost productivity, design issues, terminations, and damages and also on contract formation issues and bid protests. David litigates contract cases in arbitration and state and federal courts. He also serves as an expert on federal government contract disputes, particularly on damages, costs, and pricing issues. David works exclusively in the areas of construction and government contracts.
- New York State Courts
- Ohio State Courts
- Tennessee State Courts
- Certified Public Accountant, Maryland
- Lead attorney for Department of Energy contract on $100 million of claims (nuclear construction).
- Led independent review of $550 million problem construction project.
- Damage expert for U.S. Army on $1.5 billion contract dispute with major Department of Defense contractor.
- Damage expert for U.S. Air Force and Department of Justice on $130 million lost profit case.
- Damage expert for U.S. Air Force on $298 million Boeing Company cost overrun.
- In house counsel for F-15 Fighter Aircraft, Maverick Missile, and research & development program offices (legally guided over $10 billion in Air Force procurements).
- Auditor Air Force Audit Agency (6 years).
- Recipient of “2014 Writing Award,” Board of Contract Appeals Bar Association for the article: “Effective Construction Claim Resolution: Understanding DCAA.”
- Featured speaker at seminars such as “Construction Claims,” “New York Construction Claims” and “What to do When Construction Projects go Bad.”
- Author of book on contract damages: “Recovery of Indirect Costs in the Pricing of Equitable Adjustments and Terminations for Convenience.” (American Bar Association, 1989)
- 2012-2015 Super Lawyer, Upstate New York for Construction/Surety.
- Albany County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Construction Financial Management Association (Board of Directors, NY Capital Region)