Completing an environmental review pursuant to New York’s State Environmental Quality Review Act (SEQRA), or the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) is often a cornerstone of developing a project. Whether the environmental review includes a negative declaration or FONSI, or any variety of an environmental impact statement, the Environmental Practice group provides experienced advice on proper completion of the process, compliance with all substantive and procedural requirements and defense to any challenge of an on-going or completed review. The Firm’s representative experience includes:
- Advising clients on proper completion of environmental review, including preparing defensible negative declarations, environmental impact statements, and related documentation.
- Utilizing a GEIS and SEIS procedure where appropriate for project design and strategy.
- Lead counsel for comprehensive environmental review and multi-phased development of the New York Statewide Wireless Network.
- Advising multiple counties on implementation of environmental review and permitting strategy for build out of updated emergency response networks.
- Developing the approach and managing teams of consultants to complete and defend comprehensive environmental impact statements for high-profile projects such as a state gaming facilities, solid waste disposal facility expansions, energy generation and transmission projects, large mining operations, large scale multi-use and retail developments and other commercial and industrial operations.