Practice Group Chairs
Couch White is at the forefront of renewable energy development in New York State. From large-scale project development to rooftop solar, Couch White attorneys have found creative and effective ways to meet their clients renewable energy goals, while simultaneously helping to shape the future of renewable energy policy. The Firm’s representative experience includes:
- Advising developers, customers and municipalities at all stages of solar, wind, hydroelectric, biomass, biogas and geothermal projects, from initial siting and permitting through interconnection with the local utility.
- Negotiating power purchase agreements, net metering credit agreements and other forms of renewable electricity purchase agreements on behalf of large commercial, industrial and institutional customers.
- Navigating the federal hydroelectric project licensing process, including pre-licensing approvals, obtaining federal licenses, and post-licensing compliance.
- Representing end-use customers in public utility commission proceedings impacting renewable energy policy, including renewable portfolio standards, net metering, community solar and shared renewables, renewable energy credits and environmental attribute tracking, microgrid development, submetering, and electric vehicle rates and policies.
- Advising clients on a variety of issues impacting renewable energy development, including public procurement requirements, utility rate analysis, government funding and incentive programs, and compliance with consumer protection laws.