Practice Group Chair
The Firm has provided guidance to a wide array of clients on construction industry labor-management issues for many years. The Firm’s representative experience includes:
- Exclusively representing management in contract/collective bargaining negotiations, union election campaigns, picketing and bannering issues, grievances and arbitrations, and matters before the NLRB, including unfair labor practice charges.
- Successfully defending construction contractors in state and federal audits, investigations and claims, including those involving payment of minimum wages, payment of prevailing wages and fringe benefits (both New York State and Davis Bacon), employee classification/misclassification issues, independent contractor matters, apprenticeship programs, mealtime and break issues, and travel time issues.
- Representing management in New York State unemployment insurance audits and proceedings.
- Advising clients regarding the formation and operation of “dual-shop” or “double-breasted” operations.
- Counseling clients on wage/hour and benefits issues, including WARN Act compliance.
- Assisting clients in developing employee policies, procedures and handbooks.
- Guiding clients in the creation of construction-specific corporate compliance and integrity programs and integration of such programs in client procedures, contracting and subcontracting.