Patrick J. Higgins
State University College at Oneonta, B.S., 1981; State University of New York, Buffalo School of Law, J.D., 1984
Pat has tried multiple cases to verdict in state and federal courts. He has also defended claims against architects and engineers, and represented clients in CERCLA and Navigation law actions. He represents clients on complex commercial, corporate and personal injury and litigation matters.
- New York State Courts
- United States District Court for the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of New York
- United States Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
- Listed as AV Preeminent in Martindale Hubbell™.
- Board Certified by the National Board of Trial Advocacy in Trial Practice1.
- Graduate of the National Institute of Trial Attorneys’ Master Advocate Program
- Listed in the Best Lawyers of America™.
- Author and lecturer on litigation and trial tactics.
- Recognized by the New York State Bar Association as a distinguished author and editor in the field of trial practice.
- Created and chaired a six city seminar for the New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers on Trial Preparation which received the Academy’s 2014 President’s Award.
- Member of the Third Judicial District Independent Judicial Election Qualifications Commission – 2007 through 2013.
- Past member of the New York State Bar Association’s House of Delegates.
- Past president Albany County Bar Association.
1 Certification by the National Board of Trial Advocacy is not granted by any governmental authority.
- Albany County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association (Commercial and Federal Litigation and Trial Lawyers Sections)
- American Bar Association (Litigation Section)
- New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers