University of Virginia, B.A., 1994; Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 1997
Jim has extensive experience representing corporations in all phases of contractual negotiations, environmental permitting, and regulatory matters. Through his representation of the Connecticut Industrial Energy Consumers, an ad hoc coalition of industrial end-users located throughout the State, and Multiple Intervenors, an unincorporated association of industrial, commercial, and institutional customers in New York, Jim participates actively in generic and utility-specific rate and restructuring proceedings before the Connecticut Department of Energy & Environmental Protection and Public Utilities Regulatory Authority and the New York Public Service Commission.
- New York State Courts
- Vermont State Courts
- District of Columbia
- Negotiating energy and natural gas supply and delivery agreements, Direct Customer Operating Agreements at the New York Independent System Operator, and special contracts with traditional utilities and with federal, state, and local agencies.
- Aggregated customer load for the purpose of securing favorable energy supply pricing.
- Procurement of economic development grants and loans.
- Negotiation and preparation of purchase and sale agreements, operating agreements, leases, notes, financings, supply and transportation agreements, and contracts for differences.
- Assisting customers in the development and operation of distributed generation units, natural gas bypasses, construction of base-load generating units and permitting of natural gas and electric transmission lines.
- Environmental permitting proceedings before state and federal agencies.
- Environmental compliance.
- Representing small natural gas utilities in the preparation of utility tariffs, development of notes, environmental compliance, negotiations with federal, state, and local agencies, and preparation and analysis of contracts.
- New York State Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Federal Energy Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Vermont Bar Association
- Past President of the Albany Chapter of University of Virginia Alumni
- Fundraising efforts for Center for the Disability Services and the American Cancer Society