James G. Foster
Georgetown University, B.A., 2004, cum laude; Albany Law School of Union University, J.D., 2010, cum laude, Executive Editor, Albany Law Review
Jim provides businesses, not-for-profits, commercial entities, investors and individuals with legal advice regarding general corporate and business matters, including business formation, mergers and acquisitions, commercial contracts, strategic transactions and corporate governance and compliance. He has experience representing and providing advice to commercial, governmental, and individual clients on a broad range of matters, including internal and regulatory investigations, audits and assessments and pending and active litigation.
- New York State Courts
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Represented large bank in international investigation by regulators concerning manipulation of the London Interbank Offered Rate.
- Represented a $300 million estate in various proceedings, including a turnover action seeking the return of over $40 million in purported gifts on behalf of the public administrator.
- Provided in-house counsel to a global asset management firm, including responding to various discovery requests and preparing for arbitration before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority.
- Assisted scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals, provided pro bono legal counsel to one of the world’s largest not-for-profit environmental organizations.
- Held a Top Secret security clearance and provided audit and advisory services to the Department of Defense, Department of Justice, Federal Housing Authority and Government Accountability Office as a government contractor.
- Coordinated and performed on-site audit work for the United States Agency for International Development at the U.S. Embassy in Nairobi, Kenya, and in Lilongwe, Malawi.
- Co-authored a chapter on practice before the Judicial Panel of Multidistrict Litigation in Litigating Securities Class Actions (LexisNexis 2011).
- National Order of Barristers
- Bethlehem Chamber of Commerce
- Director and Member, Elsmere Fire Company
- Psi Chi National Honor Society in Psychology
- Attorney Mentor, Albany Law School Alumni Initiative in Mentoring Program
- Advisory Council, Bethlehem YMCA